Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Since it looks like we will live in this house through the summer, I decided the kids and I should start a garden. It is more for the process than the produce but I would love to be able to eat a few of the veggies. We will see how green our thumbs are.

The girls and I went to Walmart last night and picked out some seeds. It was very hard for the girls to ignore the flowers and focus on produce so we compromised and did a little of both.

Today, Savannah and I started the seeds inside. She helped plan and organize the mini green house with her idea of rows. She had a lot of fun discovering the differences in seeds.

Because no project that lends itself to science would be complete without a journal, I had Savannah start a Seed Journal. We picked four of our seeds to sprout in a clear bag so that she can see the differences in the roots and sprouts. Much harder to ascertain when in soil. I had her draw her hypothesis and she is currently at my side asking me what we can do next. I guess waiting for the seeds to grow is too much for her. This will not only be a science lesson but a lesson in patience as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment