Friday, October 30, 2009

I Bake. . .

Therefore I don't blog!








This has been a week of baking. Three kids spread over four classes keeps a mommy busy.

Lila helped me make the cupcakes. It was just the two of us while the other girls were in school. She was so grown up - so enjoyable. Skipping my spinning class to bake with my little girl proved to be worth its weight in gold.

Later that same day, Savannah came home from school and said, "Nobody has a Mommy that bakes as well as my Mommy. You have such good ideas. Everything is so cute." Needless to say the boost of confidence was nice after multiple batches of cookies, frosting and cupcakes. She really is so sweet.

On a baking note, well not really because we didn't make the gingerbread, the girls had a great time constructing their spooky gingerbread house. Adeline worked hard to pick up the pieces and place them on the frosting while Lila Grace gave her jaw muscles a workout on the most likely old and hard candy. A test of my inner strength as my mind was repeating, "Look at this mess, look at this mess." Luckily, my heart helped me to focus and delight in the sibling fun.

Sucking out the frosting and giving Lila ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment