Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Bus

Many people already know my thoughts about a school bus.  I am not afraid to state that I don't think anything good can come from riding a bus.  Having been teacher and having been on many buses with students, I feel as thought I have substantial evidence to back my opinion.  Thus, I don't expect my children will ride a bus unless it is absolutely necessary.


The one exception is Adeline's bus home from her IU classroom.  This bus is small, transports four children from her classroom, and has car seats.  The teachers strap the children in and the parent unstraps them when dropped at their house.  I feel that there are few transgressions that can take place with three and four year olds are strapped into car seats on a bus.  I still take her and pick her up every day that I can.  But, in order to allow Lila Grace to take dance, Adeline must ride the bus home on Tuesdays. 

Today was her first day and boy was she excited.  I even got a note home from her teacher telling me so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment