Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Bye My Little Binki Girl

As much as Alex and I have ignored Lila's decision to not use a binki, I think it is our new reality. At first, we doubted her decision and now we are plain surprised by it. I haven't said anything to Lila because I don't want to draw attention to something she is deciding to do very quietly. It has been well over 48 hours since she has not mentioned or used her Binki which makes me think I may never see my sweet girl's face with a binki again. I am thrilled but at the same time sad. Her binki was such a part of her. Lila was always so stubborn about her binkis too. She would only take an ORANGE binki for most of the past year. We had to look high and low to replace them when she would tell us, "It's not working." I guess they all aren't working for her anymore. She is growing up and I celebrate and mourn it at the same time.


The last picture I have of my Lila Grace with her Binki.

No comments:

Post a Comment