Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tennis

Savannah and Lila enjoyed learning the game of tennis this week.  Lila was only able to make it to clinic a couple days but Savannah attended all five.  Neither girl demonstrates great hand-eye coordination so I thought this non-competitive format might be a great way to to enhance their skills.  I had my fingers crossed that Savannah would really like the sport.  She lacks the urgency/drive to play sports like soccer or basketball which leaves swimming, tennis, and golf etc.  I think golf is terribly boring so we are focusing on swimming and tennis for now. 

Both girls really enjoyed themselves on the court, especially Savannah.  I love her attention and focus.  After getting in the car on Friday she said, "Mommy I am not just learning how to hit the ball, I am learning how to hit the ball over the net."  That she is.  She understands the directions and concepts pretty well.  Her swing is getting better with each day and once she learns to move her feet, she might not be half bad.

Lila lacks in the attention department at times but made great improvement on the second day she attended clinic.  She made contact once or twice on the first day and on the second day, she hit the ball multiple times.  She is at a slight disadvantage in a clinic setting because she is a lefty.  When everyone else is working on forehand, Miss Lila is stuck working on backhand.  Much harder!  Sadly, I don't have any pictures of Lila.




No comments:

Post a Comment