Sunday, November 7, 2010

Savannah's Piano

I feel the need to document Savannah's progression with the piano.  She has been taking lessons for a bit over a year now.  It is still a positive experience and she enjoys going to her lessons.  What is difficult is finding the time to practice.  Her songs are getting harder which requires more time on the keys and less time running around with her sisters before dinner.  Practicing usually requires a parent as well.

For what it is worth, I feel that Savannah has made huge strides since we have picked up her lessons after summer's break.  She now changes positions in the middle of a song, crosses her fingers over and under, and can play very different melodies.  We had an extra week on the following song which prompted me to record her playing it.  I sprung the camera on her which obviously made her nervous.  It certainly isn't a perfect run through of her song but I was very pleased that she powered through the tough spots.  I remember wanting to start the song over when I was stuck. 

I really hope she continues to love piano. 



No comments:

Post a Comment