Monday, November 22, 2010

To Cross or Not to Cross

While in the car today, Adeline said, "Look, there is the red hand.  It means don't cross the street.  Look Mommy!"

I don't know when I taught her this but I remember telling her about it couple of times in the past.  However, we are rarely crossing streets with a crossing signal.  I was pretty impressed that she knew what it meant when it was said in passing long ago.

On a more comical note, Miss Adeline just had to wear her rainbow scarf to to Lens Crafters today.  While getting her glasses adjusted, she told the person helping her that she was wearing a scarf like Snoopy.

"Snoopy's scarf is red and very noisy.  I helps him fly his doghouse.  That is so silly  He flies his doghouse like an airplane.  He makes it go up high.  (insert fake laugh here)."

She then went on and told the same story three more times with just a few different twists on the tale.  I can't tell you the last time she watched a Charlie Brown movie.  This girl maybe quiet but she is taking in the world around her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment