Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gingerbread Houses with 1st Graders

I decided to invite all of the girls from Savannah's class over to make gingerbread houses.  All but two showed up which put eight lively girls around my kitchen table.  They were all so very cute.  Some were precise, slow and accurate.   Some ate more candy than they got on their houses.  Regardless, they were all thoroughly entertained and happy to be spending the afternoon with Savannah.  I was thrilled because my sweet, quiet girl had the opportunity to host such a fun activity.  She clearly felt special. 

I learned a few things that I will incorporate for the 2nd Annual Gingerbread House Party.  The girls don't really care about constructing the house; they just like to decorate it.  I will have them all built when they arrive.  Second, I will just use the frosting out the cans instead of making Royal Icing.  Yes Melissa, you were right!

Other than that, it was a very easy and painless get together.  The girls had fun and the clean up wasn't bad.  Here a few pictures of the girls and their houses.

The before. . .



The after. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment