Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nlivia

Today, my friend called me and asked me if I remembered Savannah's imaginary baby in utero - Nlivia. It really took me back. I had completely forgotten about my little three year old who thought she was pregnant. I guess it was the natural path since I had just given birth to the twins. To give you an idea of how young Savannah was, here is a link to her random thoughta that include a quote about Nlivia.

I hung up the phone with my friend and went to get pick Savannah up from school.  Once in the car, I asked her if she remembered Nlivia.  She gave a little cough/laugh.  Her reaction fell somewhere between, "Oh my goodness, I used to think I was pregnant! and Oh, I was so cute." Next, Savannah asked me if I remembered how she used to tell me that Nlivia was as tiny as her belly button which, I did not.  I told her I thought she was cute with her Nlivia and plainly asked, "Where did Nlivai go?"  Savannah's thought for a moment and came up with this response. "Nowhere, I never had a baby in my belly.  I never prayed to God."

In this house, we pray to God for babies. "God puts a baby in your belly if you pray for it and He thinks you are ready to be a mommy," is my canned answer for "How do you get a baby in your belly?"

Ugh, she is growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment