Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Return of the Binki

Lila discovered that we didn't give her old binkis to other babies tonight.  I was curious to see what she would do when seeing her old stash of binkis so I spilled the beans.  We put them all out on the bed and she immediately remembered which one was her favorite.  I held her in my arms like a baby and it was oddly familiar.  It was almost like she could go back to sucking one again - almost two years later.  Adeline threw one in her mouth even though her binki days began and ended in the NICU.  Savannah couldn't be odd man out so she tried one on for size too.  Soon all the girls were talking baby talk and crawling around on the floor.  It was pretty humorous.  I tried to put them away and got a lot of push back.  Both Lila and Adeline wanted to sleep with one.  They are both asleep now, Lila's binki didn't stay put but Adeline still has one in her mouth.  What did I start?

No comments:

Post a Comment