Thursday, January 26, 2012

Musings of Astronaut Jet

Adeline:  Mommy, no one wants to play with me (meaning her sisters) and I want someone to play boy things with me. 


Alex:  Can you hand me a carving knife (directed at me)?

Lila:  What is a carving knife?

Adeline:  Like a pirate's knife Lila.  Like the ones they hold.

Me:  What do pirates do with their carving knives?

Adeline:  They carve the other pirate.

YIKES!  Is this what boys talk about?



When I go to heaven I am going to tell God funny things about Eric and Jet.  (Eric preceded Jet and was a take off of Lila's pretend name Erica.)  He will laugh.



Me:  Adeline, are you going to have babies when you grow up?

Adeline:  Um, yes I will.  Only boy babies.



While watching the Duke vs. Maryland game.

Adeline:  The yellow team is Maryland, right?

Me:  Yes.  Adeline do you know where Maryland is?

Adeline:  Bradford Heights (her school)

Me:  What?  Do you think this basketball game is at your school?

Adeline:  No but the real Maryland is.  She wasn't here today though.

*Light bulb moment*

Me:  Adeline you are talking about Miss Marilyn, not Maryland!










No comments:

Post a Comment