Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adeline's Mornings

Adeline has given up going to the babysitting room while I work out.  We play together or do school work for the first hour or so of our morning and then I head out for my much needed workout.  Adeline doesn't accompany me anymore.  It makes my heart a little heavy.  I let her have her way since she finds toys to play with and leaves Alex alone - I mean totally alone for the most part.  She gets lost in her make believe world and is flying around the playroom, pretending to be astronaut Jet.  She will sit and play for a good hour with Littlest Petshop, Legos or just about anything that lends itself to imaginary play.

However, there are those days. . . those special days. . . when Daddy has to talk to important people.  He can't risk an interruption, no matter how unlikely they seem.  He can't fix a toy or kiss a boo boo.  These are the days when Adeline gets the iPad.  Lately, she finds a little snack to put on her nightstand and settles into her bed with Max and Ruby or Curious George.

After returning home the other day, I searched the house for Adeline and this is what I found.  Somehow I could fast forward into the future and my five year old seemed fifteen.  So capable, independent and technologically competent.  I can't quite put my finger on why, but the entire scene seemed way too old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment