Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Puppet

Lila had to make a puppet for her class play.  She was assigned the role of a cat.  I can't sew on a button without it falling back off so the thought of making a puppet was daunting.  I didn't want to make a paper bag puppet because I feared she would rip it and reduce to tears.  My focus was a sturdy puppet for my not so sturdy girl!  She likes to live life on the jump before you think side which results in broken objects or a hurt girl. 

Off to the craft store we went.  I was determined to make a puppet on a stick that would stand the test of time in a Kindergarten classroom.  Here is what we came up with--in all of her favorite colors of course.  That cat head is sewn so tight to the hole in the dowel that it would take some serious muscle to get it off.   Just perfect for my Lila!


No comments:

Post a Comment