Monday, May 21, 2012

Dance Recital

Lila Grace loves to dance.  She has been in a Creative Dance class this year and they had their recital this weekend.  She was so excited to finally get to perform on a stage.  This girl dreams of a future when she is singing and dancing in front of large audiences.  It's so not me but, it's pretty cute.

While I wasn't the biggest fan of the costume, I knew I had to sign her up for the recital component of the class.  I am glad I did.  Lila and her friends looked pretty cute in their fluorescent fishnet gloves on stage.  Here is a clip from the rehearsal.  She is the second from the right.  Her class consists of four girls and had to join a much larger class for the performance.  This run through is pretty rough because it was the first time the classes were put together.  I am proud to say that my girl, who has a host of motor planning and clumsiness issues, nailed the dance!

The girls pulled it together at the recital and looked like a cohesive group (videos aren't allowed).  It was fun to watch my music lover dance and skip her hear out.





Here is Lila at her in-class rehearsal, belting out their last "We Had Fun at Dance Today," song.  They were four happy little girls. 



No comments:

Post a Comment