Sunday, June 17, 2012

Last Day of Second Grade

Where did the year go?  They just keep going faster and I am in a state of panic as I type this.  My big girl is almost 9 years old and is technically a 3rd grader.  It troubles me.  However, I push my panic down and remind myself to celebrate who she is.

Savannah came into a new school this year and made an incredible name for herself.  She is known to be sweet, kind, and very smart.  Staff that I don't even know, confirm that my girl is unique.  I love it.  Not only does Savannah work to make sure these are the characteristics that define her, she seeks friends that are cut from the same moral fiber.  She found a good one this year.  It took time and patience, but by the end of the year, Savannah had done what I have always hoped for.  Savannah surrounded herself with a friend that shares her values. 

Savannah loves her new school and says it feels like home.  I am proud of her for making her transition to public school successful.  I am so lucky to have such an easy, sweet and successful girl!  She makes this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment