Monday, April 15, 2013

Discharge

Technically, I wasn't supposed to go home until day four, or after my third night in the hospital.  After talking through the logistics of getting me home, Alex and I concluded that going home in the middle of the night on day three was best.  Natalie had an early flight which would require Alex to bring all the girls to the hospital for my discharge.  I was pretty uncomfortable from my c-section and couldn't imagine dealing with all four girls.  I wanted to go home and be settled without their "helping hands." 

Luckily, our nurse agreed to the plan and found the appropriate people to discharge me.  My doctor was quite surprised when I wasn't there the next morning but leaving in the middle of the night was the best thing we did.  The girls woke up to us all settled in.  They were thrilled.



 As the nurse wheeled me down to the lobby, I was overcome with gratitude.  Last time I took that ride, I was leaving my fragile twins behind and riding in a wheel chair empty handed.  One cannot imagine how hard that is on a mother unless they have experienced it.  My heart was broken.  This was so different.  I was taking my baby HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment