Thursday, September 5, 2013

Washington 2013

We headed out west for another summer vacation.  It was amazing weather almost everyday - 98 degrees and sunny.  Our desired temps!  I could be at this computer all day blogging about what we did.  Instead, I am going to pick some highlights and favorite pics.

The most notable adventure, was hiking Mount Rainier.  We made it a little more than half way to to the top.  Most of that was done by car but the last mile and half was straight up on foot.  It was tough going.  Lots of run off from the snow made the rocky climb even trickier.  The girls really ponied up.  I was so proud of them. We made it past the timberline and up into the snow.  The pictures are at a lower elevation because I had my hands full trying to get the girls up the mountain once we really started to climb.  
<

One of our best days was on spent on the river.  Uncle Adam was generous and rented a boat!  We had a blast.  We spent hours on the water and the girls were in heaven.  What a gift he gave us!  Everyone rode the tube behind the boat and Alex and I got to revisit our roots and water ski.  No one skis anymore because wake boards rule the river.  Savannah was brave and gave it a try.   She didn't make it up but she gave it her all. A big thanks to Aunt Amy for staying back at the house to watch Evelyn.  She made it possible for me to join in the fun.  Just imagine if I had to miss all this!!!
 Adeline and Papa on the tube.  I never thought The Belle would ride. . .


Other fun and memorable times. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment