Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who is the Therapy Really For

After an hour and a half of OT today, I was ready for a nap. I don't know about Adeline, but it wore me out. Don't get me wrong, our OT is fabulous. But what it takes to get the Belle, to feel right in this world, goes against my every sensory need.

Today was pudding. Working on combing the powder and milk with her hands was a challenge. Eventually, she warmed up and was thrilled to have Miss Dot hide objects that Adeline had to dig for. Needless to say a bath was necessary, really for both of us. I was sweating bullets watching the whole thing.

In the end I try to remind myself that this therapy has gotten Adeline to the top, if not over, the art hump. If given the time and attention she needs to warm up to an art activity, Adeline will happily participate. OT has also helped Adeline become comfortable in grass and mulch. She still won't do it barefoot but walking across our yard is something she will do with shoes on. Adeline is getting better with loud noises and lawn mowers. Just yesterday I brought the blender in from out of the garage. I might get away with blending in my own house! Clearly Adeline is making progress. I don't see much progress on my front though. The mess still stresses me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment