Saturday, September 25, 2010

Babysitter

Savannah put the twins to bed for us tonight.  She read them their stories and tucked them in.  The girls were just as they are for us when Savannah tried to leave the room.  Fun to put to bed but won't let you walk out of their room.  That is when they get cranky and I get frustrated.  They wanted water, headbands, the door open and the lights on.  I let Savannah struggle for awhile because I knew she really wanted to have them quiet and in bed with no help.  I did have to step in eventually.

Once the girls were in bed Savannah and I came downstairs and this is what she said.  "They are just such sweet girls Mommy.  I really enjoy spending time with them.  It was nice reading their stories.  That was just so enjoyable."

Wow, I thought she would have been frustrated that she didn't get them 100% to bed.  I guess I could take a lesson or two and not get so frustrated by their bedtime tactics.  Savannah did mention that she could make it her job to put them to bed every Saturday night.  Hmmm, how old does one have to be to babysit?

No comments:

Post a Comment