Saturday, September 25, 2010

Looks Like Only One is Going to Fly the Next

When I asked Lila what she wanted to be when she grew up, her first reponse was, "A Pumpkin."  Funny how we were just looking at a pumpkin Savannah had drawn.  After a couple of pensive moments, Miss Lila said, "I can't be a pumpkin, it would get in my mouth."  I guess this is how a mind a four year old works?

We moved past the pumpkin and tried other options but she didn't bite.  Finally, I asked her if she wanted to have a baby when she was big like me and she said, "Yes."  Then she hesitated and asked, with wondering eyes, "Will the baby poop?"  I told her yes and she was thrilled.  Poop is in every round of the Baby/Mommy game that is played non-stop in this house.  I asked Lila if she was going to snuggle her baby and she said, "NO."  The baby will be stinky, YUCK."

Lila Grace ended the conversation a few seconds later with, "Actually Mommy, when I get big I just want to snuggle you. Okay?"

During this conversation, Adeline poked her head in my door and told me, "I am going to drive a BIG bus when I get big Mom." 

Looks like Lila and Savannah are planning to live with me forever, while their sister cruises through life driving a big bus.  Only time will tell. . .

1 comment:

  1. We will be able to blog about the daily events of our cherubs well into old age. Mr. P plans to live with Mom and Dad forever, and work as a dump truck driver, while the Pita plans to raise her future baby with us. At least we know that they love us, right? :)

    ReplyDelete