Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Working Together

The little girls have become best of friends over the past couple of months.  It really warms my heart and makes life much nicer around the house.  Just this morning, I heard them getting down a puzzle that they have never put together before.  They were very resourceful as they pulled the bean bag up to the closet and scaled the shelves to get to it.  I assumed that they would start arguing and grabbing pieces because they have never worked on the same puzzle before without adult supervision. 

Adeline and Lila amazed me.  They took turns, worked on different parts and completed the puzzle with only encouraging words for one another.  I was pleased with their behavior and that they had the skill to complete it too.  The puzzle wasn't complete for more than two seconds because the girls immediately tore it apart.  What they did next blew me away.  They carefully put all of the pieces into the box and walked over to the closet. Then Lila said this. . ."Okay Adeline, which puzzle do you want?  It is your turn to choose."

Ahh, music to my ears and it was a mere 8:00 a.m.  I wish every morning could start like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment