Thursday, February 9, 2012

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

I spend hours worrying and fretting over the twins and their academic success. Because of this, I feel that Savannah doesn't get the credit she deserves. I am too busy agonizing over word rings and reading levels.

I just assume Savannah is at the top of her class. When she brings home evidence to support my assumptions, I'm pleased but not through the roof excited. These achievements have become expectations. Do I dare say that I take them for granted. Ugh... I think I do. Put that on the list for things to change in 2012.

I will say that having a bright child whose behavior is just as superior is my saving grace. What's that saying? "God only gives you that which you can handle.".

In effort to remind myself how lucky I am, here is a little shout out to my amazing daughter. While most of her class is working diligently to meet the benchmark requirements for addition and subtraction facts, my daughter had met the end of the year benchmarks by September! Here is the latest report. Not much has changed. Not much needs to change. Thank goodness we never had to cut her flash cards apart and make addition and subtraction rings! (double click the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment