Thursday, May 31, 2012

Word Ring. . . Done!!

Lila Grace completed her Word Ring in April.  Thank goodness that is done.  Every night we went through her Word Ring.  Some nights were better than others.  There was a lot of push back.  I wanted her to try hard to reach the goal of completion.  It is an optional program but I knew she could do it.  Lila didn't know she could do it though.

Lila Grace isn't a confident reader but when she puts her mind to it, she reads very well.  Her 147 sight words from the Word Ring have definitely helped her along.  One doesn't realize how many "wh" and "th" words there are in the English language.  It's so frustrating for little five year olds. . . trust me!

I am so proud of my girl for sticking to her goal and finishing her Word Ring.  Only half of her class did.  She was very proud of herself.  We had a little celebration to let her know how proud we are of her.

(Miss Lila was randomly wearing Adeline's astronaut suit the night of the celebration.)


 I am sure Lila never wants to see her Word Ring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment