Thursday, July 12, 2012

15 Glorious Days

We had the best vacation this year.  I can honestly say that we didn't have the itch to return home.  We left with sad hearts and tears.  There is something to be said for setting the wallet and watch aside for two weeks.  Our beach is quiet, retail free - with the exception of an ice cream shop, and very family friendly.  I always say it is my slice of heaven. . . my favorite two weeks of the year.

There were two snafus this vacation. I suffered viral pink eye which left me with a bulging eye for at least seven days that didn't respond to drops.  It was a contacts-free week.  Not my favorite but it could have been worse.  Lila was running a fever a week before departure which resulted in an ear infection.  She perked up the day we left which focused all eyes on Adeline.  I thought we might be in the clear because she had a fever the first two days of vacation and then was fever free for the most part.  Just when I had forgotten that sickness was a threat, she started to wake each night with a high fever.  Luckily, she responded well to ibuprofen and was able to participate during much of the day.  The kicker (and there always is a kicker with Adeline) was when she woke up miserable with hypothermia.  She dipped to 94.3.  Don't Google that temperature in children.  It will make your heart beat fast since there is an overwhelming arrow pointing to sepsis.  I knew in my heart that she wasn't septic but it was scary.  I had a hard time letting myself fall asleep next to a girl who was freezing on the inside.  She rallied but wasn't top of her game the rest of our trip.   

Here are some highlights from our trip. 

Crusty was set free.  Yes, I know they are meant for captivity but this crab ate all of his roommates so it was time for him to GO!  Two years of this crab was enough for me.  The ceremonious good bye was very cute.


 Lila and I made many birthday cakes.
 Head first into any and all waves.

Savannah spent hours boogie boarding.
 Watching the ocean from the deck.
 The annual trip to the ice cream shop.
 Sea life!

Many holes were dug.
Many jumps were taken.

 
 The pool in the back yard was HUGE hit!!
While I love it all, this is what I love most!


No comments:

Post a Comment