Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

This year, we spent Thanksgiving at home, just the six of us.  At first we were all a little sad.  We love going to our friends' house and spending time in DC.  A little divine intervention kept us home.  We needed to hang at home for the holiday, we just didn't know it.

We had such a magical holiday.  It was calm, peaceful and full of joy.  We have so much to be thankful for and this year, we got to fully immerse ourselves in our greatest gifts.  Each other!  It was truly wonderful.

We started our holiday with a Turkey Trot in 20 degree temps.  Miss Evelyn and Adeline hung tough in the strollers (E has a heat pad and rain cover which keeps her toasty) and the rest of us ran.  It was Lila's first 5k.  Tough temps for such little legs. She was teary and miserable the whole way but I kept prodding her on.  I knew she would be disappointed if she quit.  Quitting wasn't really an option because it was too cold NOT to run.  After the run, we ran to the car for warmth.  I randomly checked the results on my phone and, lo and behold, Savannah and Lila placed in their age group.  This was no small run either.  Nearly 2,000 people ran.  Quickly, we hopped out of the car, ran to the award ceremony where the girls were presented with gift certificates and pies!  Super awesome for both of them.  I was a proud Mama!




 After a trip to Dunkin Donuts for warmth, we made it home for a nice leisurely day and dinner.  Have I mentioned how much I love my family?!



No comments:

Post a Comment