Thursday, September 17, 2009

Phone in Her Room

In the middle of Savannah's playdate with her BFF Jillian, Savannah comes down stairs to tell me she has put a phone in her room.

"Mommy do you remember when you told me to call 911 if there is a fire?" (Don't remember this being high on the list because I am pretty sure my advice was get out, get out, get out.)

"Well Mommy, if the fire is right outside my door, I need a phone in my room so I can call 911."

She is always thinking. I, on the other hand, will lose sleep tonight. Fires are my biggest fear and thinking of my child trapped in her room is unimaginable. I just wonder what prompts these thoughts in Savannah's head.

1 comment:

  1. Fires are definitely scary. I am not sure if you remember this but my house burned down when you and I were in the 5th grade. If i remember correctly your family was one of the first ones to drop off some much needed clothes for us that very next morning :-)

    ReplyDelete