Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy 9th



We've come a long way over these past nine years.  It certainly hasn't been the journey we were expecting, at little bit of the "for better and for worse" met us along the way.  As we are at the crossroads of our journey, allowing the dust to finally settle from the past three years, we continue forward together - thankfully under one roof again. I know that I am lucky to live my life next to you.

I love you because. . .

Our girls still flip their lids in excitement whenever you walk through the door.  They love us equally.  A girl's self esteem is built by a father and I would pick no other than you to play that role in these precious girls' lives.

You always put your four girls first, me especially.

You bring me apple juice to my bedside every morning - even if you are running for a 5:00 am flight

You carried golf bags and painted neighbors houses while holding your head high when there was no other source of income.

You find a way to put a positive spin on everything (wait a minute, isn't that what drives me crazy at times)

You fought for Adeline when I had lost hope and couldn't.

You want for nothing.  "My girls are all I want."  No fancy boy toys, no nice cars - you wear ancient clothing and shoes with holes happily and almost with style??

You NEVER complain!

You look as good as the day I married you - (if you don't start aging, people are going to think I am your mother!)

You can run a sub - seven minute mile after drinking countless cokes, eating nothing but chips, and having not exercised in months.  It has to count for something right?

You held me up in the NICU when I couldn't stand balanced on my own two feet.

You do my laundry, pick up the house before you go to bed, and help me load the girls in the car each morning.

I love you because I know you love me!



Here we are nine years later posing for our amazing six year old.  More later on her amazing anniversary celebration for us.

Blowing out our "wish" candles that Savannah provided us.  

1 comment: