Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lila's First Book

It is so nice to see Lila follow in Savannah's footsteps at times.  Recently, she has taken to making books.  I remember when Savannah started this phase.  I think this phase must be prompted by the discovery of the stapler.  Both girls started writing books after learning how to staple.

It is such a delightful time to see the things they love most collide with their learning. Savannah's first story was about Bunny and Lila's is about ducks.  Lila loves ducks and is now able to put them into a simple story.  She took the time to draw out each of the three scenes. I am very proud of her for having a beginning, middle and end to her story that included a conflict and a solution.  This is something that is very hard to consistently produce at this age and I hope that she continues to develop logical story lines with a problem and a solution.  I also liked how she kept the number of ducks straight when adding the friend duck and then taking him away. 

Here is her story.  She had me write the words but I just wrote what she said and where she wanted me to write it on the page. 




No comments:

Post a Comment