Saturday, November 26, 2011

Twins but so DIFFERENT!

Lila came downstairs with the above drawing.  She explained that the orange paper was a drawing of Adeline and the red paper was a drawing of herself.  Adeline is astronaut Jet (Adeline has moved past calling herself Sam and has taken to the name Jet) with her helmet, plain clothing and boyish hair.  The other drawing is of Erika, a princess Lila has named herself after.  Erika is sporting a fancy long dress, fancy princess shoes and a beautiful up-do.

I often try to explain how different my twins are.  I think these drawings sum it up nicely. 

About a week later, Adeline tried on her Christmas dress with, surprisingly, very little push back.  I convinced her that she would like spinning in it because the skirt would look cool - I couldn't say pretty or beautiful because that would turn Miss Adeline off immediately.  As I suspected, Adeline loved spinning in her dress.  I think it was close to a novelty because the girl never wears fancy dresses.  When taking the dress off of her, I saw the wheels turning in her head.  Next, she walked over to Lila's side of the closet and asked if she could wear Lila's pink dress - perfect for twirling.  Alex and I were shocked.  Lila seemed pleased to share her dress and Adeline laid it out to wear for the next day.

The next day rolled around and Adeline wasn't thrilled with her choice of clothing.  I made her stick with it and I am so glad I did.  She was so cute in her twirly pink dress and bow.  The Belle does NOT like pink or bows, and yet, it looks so good on her.   I used to think she was going to be my dainty, girly-girl.  Somehow, she has grown into the opposite.  While I love her unique style of caterpillar shirts and jeans and her imaginary  persona, (think astronaut Jet) I loved seeing her twirl gleefully in the driveway while waiting for her bus!

To close this post, here are Lila and Adeline dressing up at Charlotte's house.  Can you guess which one is Adeline. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment