Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birds

While eating dinner tonight, we watched hungry birds attack Adeline's pine cone bird feeder.   The girls had so much to say and point out about the birds.  Some were big, some were aggressive and some were blue.  I sat there trying to figure out all that was being said as it is still very difficult for the girls to articulate correctly.   The girls also are limited in their speech.  Adeline is making leaps and bounds but still has yet to be 100% conversational.  She will talk, talk, talk, about something and then quickly be diverted onto something else.  Lila is has more problems with articulation but doesn't seem to be moving forward in her sentence structure.  At least, not like I think she should be. 

Back to the birds. . . Lila Grace saw something that really got her excited and looked to me and started telling me something about birds.  She kept getting tripped up two words in and then. . . her enthusiasm disappeared.  She looked at me with frustrated eyes and said, "It is too hard talk me."  I asked her, "Is talking hard for you?"  "Yes, she says," nodding her head.  That breaks my heart. 

Why is it so hard and how can her brain be so far ahead of her speech that she has identified her weakness and knows she just can't express her thoughts at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment